Carry has been an official cosplayer for Cygames for 3 years and a professional costume creator for over 4 years with a background in pattern making. She enjoys building costumes and props and strives to bring characters to life with accuracy and panache. Carry has cosplayed for Cygames at Comiket and various Shadowverse tournaments among many other official appearances. She is both honoured and excited to be a guest at GameStart 2017 – which will be her first appearance in Singapore!
Hailing from neighbouring Malaysia, Ying Tze will be appearing at GameStart 2017, presented by BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT ASIA! She is one of Asia’s most renowned and popular cosplayer and fashion/costume Designer. Besides cosplay and costume making, she is an avid cat-lover, plays video games and does game live-streaming as well. Known for her friendly personality and interaction with her fans, Ying Tze has amassed over 137,000 fans on Facebook alone. She has also been guested at many anime and game events in both the Asia and Australasia region.
There will also be Ying Tze’s merchandise on sale at GameStart, check out the full list:
1. Tamamo Cat Photobook
2. Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid Photobook
3. Ying Tze 2017 Calendar
4. Rem Poster
5. Tohru Poster
6. Jabami Poster
7. Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid Acrylic Keychains
Back by popular demand, Yasemin Arslan AKA Vera Chimera is one of Australia’s most accredited veteran cosplayers, best known for her role as live-action Lilith in Borderlands 2 and her regular collaborations with Blizzard’s Overwatch team. She’s a charismatic and humble individual who lends her skills in costume making, prop design, acting, and panel hosting, and is also an avid motorcycle enthusiast.
Kerrie, otherwise known as AstroKerrie, is a well-known Australian cosplayer that also loves to LARP! Based out of Perth, AstroKerrie takes pride in having exquisite craftsmanship for her cosplays as well as having fun! The winner of several awards including the Perth round of the 2016 Comic Con Championships of Cosplay and the 2015 Riot Australia League of Legends Cosplay competition, in the LARPing world she is also the Ambassador for Australia’s largest LARP company, Epic Armoury. AstroKerrie is also one of the organisers for the Sci-fi game Project Summer, and was invited by Blizzard as an official cosplayer at the 2017 Overwatch World Cup in Sydney, NSW. She is excited to be at GameStart this year to meet the community in Singapore!
Banner image courtesy of Human Republic!
We are pleased to announce that Okageo will be joining us at GameStart 2016!
Okageo has been cosplaying since 2008, and throughout his journey he has learned many techniques to make armor cosplay. His goal is to keep the hobby fun and cost effective, spending under $100 on any costume. He has been invited to countries around the world to judge at cosplay contests, and also at a World Cosplay Summit preliminary. He has worked with Crunchyroll, Elsword and Nerdblock to promote games and anime products, and also starred in “Call to Cosplay.”
It’s that time to get your game on – and costume! GameStart’s Cosplay Runway is back again this year, and we invite all cosplayers to participate. Come dressed as your favourite game character and stand to win cash and prizes.
Simply sign up online, or come dressed in your cosplay best on Saturday (8 Oct) and be noticed by our Judges as they rove the convention to be a part of this activity. Do note that characters from Overwatch and Touken Ranbu will receive bonus points.
The Cosplay Runway will be held on 9 October on the GameStart 2016 Main Stage, and winners will walk away with cash and product prizes thanks to our sponsors!
|Best In Show
|Awarded to the overall most outstanding cosplayer and costume to grace the runway
Winner will receive: $250 cash, 1 x Winner Trophy, 1 x Seagate 10TB Barracuda Pro hard drive (worth SGD 799), 1 set of Seagate Guardian series toys, 1 x A3 Print of choice from Xmashed Gear and 1x Studio Photography Voucher from LunarWorks
|Awarded to outstanding cosplayers whose costumes caught the judges’ eyes.
Winners will each receive: $150 cash, 1 x Winner Trophy, 1 x Seagate 2TB game drive for Xbox (worth SGD 199), 1 x A3 Print of choice from Xmashed Gear and 1x Studio Photography Voucher from LunarWorks
|For the best rookie cosplayer that has not yet won an award in any other cosplay competition in Singapore.
Winner will receive: $100 cash, 1 x Winner Trophy , 1 x 2TB Seagate Firecuda hard drive (worth SGD 159), 1 set of Seagate Guardian series toys, 1 x A3 Print of choice from Xmashed Gear and 1x Studio Photography Voucher from LunarWorks
Costume Accuracy and Craftsmanship: 40%
Stage Presence: 40%
Wow Factor: 20%
Bonus Points: Additional 10% for characters from Overwatch, Touken Ranbu and other featured game titles.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Pre-registration for this competition is ENCOURAGED if you are not able to attend the convention on both days (see below).
- Alternatively, you may come dressed in your cosplay best, and hope to be noticed by our panel of cosplay judges on Saturday (8 Oct) between 1 pm to 6 pm.
As there are only a limited number of places available, do register early to avoid disappointment.
You can register by clicking on the link here: http://goo.gl/forms/Yt1t8X85i47jibCV2
The Deadline for Registration is Friday, 30 September 2016. If you are selected, you will receive email confirmation no later than Saturday, 1 October 2016. Do check your emails regularly!
This segment of GameStart 2016 is curated by Neo Tokyo Project. Any enquiries about the cosplay competition may be directed to Neo Tokyo Project at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RULES & REGULATIONS
This contest is open to any cosplayer who visits GameStart 2016, regardless of nationality or country of origin. GameStart staff and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this competition.
As there are only a limited number of places available, do register early to avoid disappointment.
COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS
- Characters cosplayed MUST be from any game on the PC, Console, hand-held game device or mobile device.
- Characters from Overwatch, Touken Ranbu and other featured game titles will receive bonus points.
- You must provide the title of the game, the name of the character(s), and a reasonably good quality, full length image of the character(s) you intend to cosplay for the runway. The image(s) WILL be used as reference images during pre-judging.
- Contestants will be given up to 2 minutes on stage to strut and pose, and to impress the judges.
- The usage of confetti, fire effects, party poppers, pyrotechnics, or liquids as gimmicks in your costume are strictly NOT ALLOWED on stage or in the hall.
- GameStart Asia reserves the right to use any images, video clips, audio clips and footage of any participant’s costume and performance with impunity and for promotional purposes, and retains these rights before, during and after the competition.
- Any infringement or failure to comply with the rules and regulations will result in immediate disqualification from the competition.
Note: The Cosplay Runway takes place on Sunday, 9 October 2016
- Contestants should report to the Neo Tokyo Project booth at 12 noon with costume and valid proof of identification for a briefing. Please try to be punctual.
- Judging for this competition takes place in two phases – the pre-judging phase and the Runway phase.
- You should be ready no later than 1 pm for pre-judging. Pre-judging will take place at the Neo Tokyo Project booth, and will count towards your Costume Accuracy and Craftsmanship score.
- The Runway phase of the competition will be held at the main stage. You will be ushered to the main stage by our event staff.
- During the Runway phase, all competitors will be given up to a maximum of 2 minutes of stage time to impress the judges (see above).
- Results will be tabulated at the end of the competition, and prizes will be presented at the end of the segment.
- All contestants will be invited on stage for the curtain call and prize giving.
The organizers of GameStart Asia and Neo Tokyo Project reserve the right to change the rules and regulations of this competition at any time.
We are very excited to welcome Miu to GameStart 2016!
Miu is a Vietnamese cosplayer who started cosplaying 3 years ago, making her costumes by hand. Her cute looks and adorable smile captured the hearts of her many fans and she quickly gained prominence in 2014 when she first cosplayed Shimakaze, from a popular Japanese web browser game, Kantai Collection. Since then, she has received multiple invites as a guest to cosplay events around Asia such as Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia and Japan. Outside of cosplay, Miu is a talented artist who works as an illustrator for mobile games.
Karin, better known as Acanthastar Cosplay, is a self-proclaimed nerd who enjoys portraying her favourite characters from video games. She has cosplayed characters from the popular MOBA game League of Legends, and Samurai Warriors, and most recently did a kickass job as Tracer from Blizzard’s soon-to-be-released team-based shooter Overwatch. Singapore marks her South-East Asian convention debut.
Johnny is a Navy veteran turned cosplayer. He creates costumes as a hobby for both fun and profit. Starting cosplay in 2011 with few tools and resources he was given the chance to work on a team to create a promotional piece for Bioware’s Mass Effect 2 at San Diego Comic Con 2011. From there he started working professionally as a prop maker and model while still attending college. His list of professional credits include pieces made for Riot Games, Rooster Teeth, and KOG Studios. Even with a large background in video game costuming he still works closest with Crunchyroll.com as a Cosplay Ambassador, creating promotional pieces for their streaming anime. He has been featured prominently as the season 1 winner of MYX TV’s “Call to Cosplay” as well as returning in the second season as a judge. His hope is not for fame, or fortune from cosplay, but to share his trade and teach cosplayers how to make props and armor so that they can share the same joy he has. Come meet him at #GameStart2015!
Come dressed to impress in your cosplay best from any video game title, be spotted by our cosplay guests-of-honour, and you might just get invited to strut your stuff in our cosplay runway showcase!
Our special cosplay guests will be roving around the convention floor from 1300 – 1500 hrs and 1600 – 1800 hrs on Saturday, 14 November, with TEN invites to the Cosplay Runway for cosplayers who catch their eye.
You can also register for the Cosplay Runway via this web form (successful applicants will be contacted via email no later than 11 November 2015).
All shortlisted Cosplay Runway participants are eligible to receive a pair of complimentary entry to GameStart 2015 on 15 November 2015 and GameStart 2015 premiums. Three (3) Cosplay Runway participants who most impress the judges with their showmanship during the runway will also receive exciting prizes from our sponsors! Details of prizes will be updated in the coming weeks.
- The Cosplay Runway is a pose-and-strut showcase that rewards cosplayers for their passionate commitment to costume artistry and showmanship.
- Shortlisted participants have to report to the Neo Tokyo Project booth no later than 1200 hrs in costume on 15 November 2015.
- The Cosplay Runway begins at 1300 hrs.
- Each participant will be given a minute on stage to strike iconic poses, while the emcee introduces them and the characters they portray.
- There will be a curtain call and photo opportunities for all participants on stage.
- Judges will each identify ONE (1) participant as a Judge’s Choice prize winner at the end of the Runway show.