It’s a great time to be a gamer, especially if you want to try something a little closer to home. Steam is holding the Steam Night Market Festival 2022, the platform’s first-ever sale puts games developed by independent studios from Southeast Asia and Taiwan at the forefront.
Hosted by Taipei Game Developers Forum, the sale will run from 4 to 8 August, and features over 150 titles by a host of diverse and talented teams and even solo developers who bring their own cultural roots to the design and concept of their games.
The games on sale can go for as low as under S$2, but if you’re running a tight budget but want to spend the weekend trying something out, fret not; various upcoming titles will have free playable demos all throughout the sale period.
Here’s a list of some of our favourite titles on sale by developers you might be familiar with:
- Gordian Quest – Mixed Realms (Singapore)
- GhostLore – Andrew Teo (Singapore)
- Coffee Talk – Toge Productions (Indonesia)
- When the Past Was Around – Mojiken Studio (Indonesia)
- Detention – Red Candle Games (Taiwan)
- Dungeon Munchies – maJAja (Taiwan)
- Fate Seeker II – JSL Entertainment (Taiwan)
- OPUS: Echo of Starsong Full Bloom Edition – Sigono Inc. (Taiwan)
- Carto – Sunhead Games (Taiwan)
- Paper Ghost Stories: 7PM – Cellar Vault Games (Malaysia)
And some of the free game demos we highly recommend that you can try out right now:
- Sigil of the Magi – Yongjustyong (Singapore)
- Potion Permit – MassHive Media (Indonesia)
- Faerie Afterlight – Clay Game Studio (Indonesia)
- Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly – Toge Productions (Indonesia)
- Nine Sols – Red Candle Games (Taiwan)
- Minds Beneath Us – Bear Bone Studio (Taiwan)
- Thymesia – OverBorder Studio (Taiwan)
What we’re listing here is merely the tip of the iceberg that is the Steam Night Market Festival 2022. If you have no plans this weekend, then checking out these developers and their works might just be the fix you need!
You can check out the Steam Night Market Festival here.